Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Communication...it's a work in progress

Tonight when putting Thomas' jammies on he kept stopping me from putting his jammy shirt on and patting his belly. I couldn't figure out what he was doing and was getting a little frustrated that jammy time was taking so long. Well once I finally got his "Thomas the Tank Engine" jammy shirt on him (by convincing him that he wanted Thomas ON his belly) he said "GaGa" and pointed to the TV. "GaGa" is his way to say George for Curious George and so I said "Do you want to watch Curious George?" But he didn't answer and just fell back exasperated on the couch. Finally it occurred to me he wanted to WATCH Thomas the train and was trying to tell me that by pointing to himself (his belly to be exact)!!! So then I asked him if he wanted to watch Thomas and he said YAY!! and clapped. Wooow...it's hard work communicating with a toddler and I'm sure Thomas thinks the same thing about us!! ;-)

1 comment:

  1. Angie, Toddlers and Teenagers are the hardest ones to communicate with. One dosen't know how to say it and the other doesn't want to hear it! Hope Thomas is feeling better. Love, Grandpa B.

    ReplyDelete