Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Back to the ENT

I took the day off yesterday and took Thomas back to the ENT for his recurrent infections and foll0w up for his tubes. It turns out his left ear tube had fallen out and the canal is already showing fluid collection again. So because of this and his constant infections we have decided to go ahead and have his tonsils and adenoids out at the time his second set of tubes are put in. We're not looking forward to putting Bubs under anesthesia again or the recovery period, which apparantly can be up to 3 weeks, but we feel its the best option at this point to try and keep Thomas healthy.

As of right now the surgery is scheduled for June 25th. I plan on staying home with him the first week and then then we'll go from there depending on how he's doing...I still remember having my tonsils out and it was terrible! I'm hoping that Bub's experience is better and his 2 year body bounces right back!! Now the fam just needs to eat some frozen foods to make room for the all the frozen treats we're sure to buy for recuperation time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment