Friday, June 19, 2009

Chemistry and other stuff...

Thought you all might enjoy a little info on the new stuff Thomas is doing. One of the cutest things I've seen him do lately is help dad with the pool chlorine and PH. He takes the little vials out of the container, dunks them in the water and then "puts the drops" in the vials. It's adorable. He started doing this after watching Travis and I do it maybe twice. It's amazing how fast he picks stuff up!

He's also trying to figure out how stuff works now. Yesterday he spent about 10 minutes trying to figure out how to get the lid back on the crystal light container. He helped me make his dinner too yesterday by stirring the noodles. Too cute! Of course it was a little messier with his help but he enjoyed it. He has also recently become more interested in the toilet...this is a new development I am not as thrilled about as you can guess. His sitter said him and Michael (her son) accidently got to the toilet one day this week. She freaked out and wiped them all down head to toe... I just said Oh well at least the toilet was flushed!!!

He continues to love to play ball and we now have a vast assortment of different kinds of balls spread around the house. His favorite is his blue ball that bounces when he throws it. Just in the past week he has become more interested in playing in the basement too. His ball pit, teepee and other toys are down there and I think he's just figured this out so now when we pass the basement door he'll point to it. He still likes to play with his firetruck and likes to watch Wheel of Fortune. Family Fued is becoming a new favorite as well. He still loves peek-a-boo and "where's thomas?" which we play on a daily basis.

The biggest news is Thomas can stand for a few seconds on his own. Still not walking, actually still NO interest in walking but standing is a good first step anyway! Like I said, I'm really in no rush so he can take as long as he wants to walk!

No comments:

Post a Comment