Monday, February 28, 2011

Swim Lessons



Last week was Thomas' first swim lesson! We're doing it at a hotel here in town that has a water park and does lessons when the park isn't open. His first lesson was last Sunday and it went really well. I was definitely worried since Travis and I wouldn't be getting in the water with him but he did great. He wanted Daddy and I right there but then he got in the water with Shawn (his swim instructor) and did pretty much everything he asked. They kicked, and scooped the water and even saved the ducks from the lazy river! He did not like having water dumped on his head but I figured that just from his reaction to getting his hair washed in the tub:)

Yesterday he had his second lesson and went right off with Shawn and got into the water with him without any hesitation. Travis and I stayed back and just watched from a distance. It just made me think how big Thomas is getting that he can go to swim lessons all by himself. After about 20 minutes he was done but overall he did great! I'm looking forward to seeing how much more comfortable the lessons will make him in the water. I can't wait for the family to be able to get back in our pool when it gets warm out again!



1 comment:

  1. Way to go Thomas! Grandpa & Grandma are so proud! Can't wait to see us guys this weekend.
    Grandpa B.

    ReplyDelete